I am very excited to be part of the Transitions project of the Columbia Pike Documentary Project. It will be a wonderful opportunity learning from Lloyd and watching how the pro team does the work they have been doing for so long!
It will also be another opportunity for me to gather stories about home from a range of locals—from young people who went to school here to moms of kids who go to school here. From people who are planning to move away to people who are dreading the eventual move. From an artist who does a lot of art here to a person who teaches grad students how to do art in the community.
- A young artist who had a solo show to celebrate her 21st birthday at my Studio, and her husband, Natalia O’Neill and Matthew O’Neill
- A photographer who had shown his work here as part of The Positive Printers show, Larry Yungk.
- A friend whose home we had many parties in when our middle-schoolers were in pre-school, Elda LaRue.
- An artist I had worked alongside at various Arlington county events, David Amoroso.
- And my friend’s grad school professor, Ken Krafcheck.
- And coming soon, a Columbia Pike gas station owner who I met through the project.
There will be an exhibit of the work of this project in Nov 2019. There will also be a catalogue. Stay tuned for more!