Vanessa makes a book out of old newspaper at her Monday Morning PAUSE, 2014
You can PAUSE in so many ways!
- Come in to write, make art, discuss ideas, hear about our projects in the community, and join in.
- Encourage everyday people—artists, poets, writers, researchers, moms, chefs, and more—who present their art and stories at the Studio. Support them and the Studio by buying their art and books and leave inspired!
- Participate in community projects like Thou Art, Baked Clay/Endless Sky, City of Stories etc. as you get to know the community.
A. New to Studio PAUSE? Get a PAUSE Card!
The PAUSE Card lets you test us out. Can you promise yourself PAUSE?
• Take a WritingPAUSE, ArtPAUSE, or one of the many other PAUSE sessions we come up with along the way.
• You can buy now and use anytime! You can use four PAUSES in one day, say, if you bring the family in for a TogetherPAUSE. You can use 2 PAUSES at once when you bring in your date for a WritingPAUSE.
• You can take a PAUSE once every week or once a month exploring different kinds of PAUSE sessions. You can give it to your sister or lend it to your boss—feel free to share!
B. For those who have PAUSEd before—Promise of PAUSE!
It was in Year Two that someone asked me if I can offer memberships, as it was easier for them to pay that way. So I decided that for to those who came often and helped create the physical community, and to those who can’t come often but like the idea of doing something here they can subscribe to pay once a month, an amount that works for them, or once a year. Then they can visit once a month for Writing Pause, Art Pause, a reception or open mic etc.—whatever they feel like. Or do them all as the membership is unlimited! This way you show love for yourself and the work of the Studio. If you don’t want to join no problem—you can enjoy the Studio as you do now.
C. One-Time Support
Support special projects at the studio as we embark upon various projects taking the community along. You will hear about them through the Studio’s social media, at Studio receptions, and through the newsletter. You will have the chance to support these ad hoc projects through different giving campaigns through the year. So stay tuned and join in when a project speaks to you!
D. Gift of PAUSE
I also offer sessions for families, organizations, or companies to have their members, staff, volunteers, or clients come to PAUSE once a month. Please email me for details.